TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Herding at Home

Lowri - I love my new ducks.  TM mixed them up with the ducks we had and took the quietest to town.  I have worked them several times.  They are working well together.  TM keeps pushing the envelope on what I know and what she wants me to learn.  Mostly, though, she just wants me to stop when she tells me too.

Kevin - I got to work on the ducks too.  TM was standing there with her mouth open because I was doing so well.  She was trying and trying to remember when she had taught me everything.  She finally decided that sending me out in the big field and making me work is what did it.  I remember that stuff.  It is HARD chasing them up hill and around the trees.  I decided to listen to TM - it works better that way.

Today, I got to go into the middle field, and gather the sheep.   I did a beautiful outrun.  TM was so impressed.  I herded them to the gate and held them there while TM gate-cut the ewe she wanted.  No fuss, no muss, just nice work.  I surprise TM again <G>

Lowri - I got to work the lambs and the one ewe that TM cut out.  TM had me bring them up and put them in the small pen so she could doctor the ewe.  I was pushy.  TM  kept telling me to stop - which I ignored.  Finally she said "down".  I was so surprised, I dropped.  TM was pleased.  Then we did a lot of walk-ups and sits and downs.  I did most of it.  TM was quite pleased with the new tool I gave her.

No comments:

Post a Comment