TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Herding Day 2

Lowri - I got to go herding first today.  TM and I went out to the big field.  I did a beautiful outrun, but was a bit pushy.  The sheep took off on me, but I covered them very well.  TM gave me lots of praise because I went very wide and far out around the sheep.  I kept them quiet and moving nicely.  TM was very happy with me.

Kevin - I paid close attention yesterday.  I think it was because my tongue was tripping me, but TM said I had to finish the job.  She also reminded me that it was my own fault that my tongue was hanging.  I was MUCH better today.  I listened to TM and only lost my flock once.  They went clear to the top of the hill and stood there.  TM went with me up the hill so I would be able to understand what she wanted.  It worked!  I was very good from that point on.  TM even let me bring the sheep into the middle field with is the size of a regulation herding arena.  I left the sheep in the middle arena so MC's Storybook could herd them latter.

Lowri - TM left Kevin and me in the kennel when MC came.  That isn't fair!  I wanted to see MC - and be close enough to shout out instructions to Story, Fable and Trewe.   Apparently, Story could have used my help.  She was naughty and charged straight in to the sheep.  After she ran them around enough to tire herself out, she wanted to quit and go back to the car.  HA!  TM made her work until they accomplished the task they had set out to do.  Story tried to run off and refused to come when TM called her.  NOT A GOOD IDEA.  Three times, TM walked her down and reminded her that was not a option.  She finished working well and TM gave her lots of praise as they walked off the field.

TM heard from Mama Penni about the herding trials in Colorado.  My daddy, Chase, did better and did not show Miss Ellen the paw, but he still didn't qualify.  I hear the sheep won across the board.  My son, Peyton, and my half-sister, Addie, both qualified and earned their PT titles.  MP says it was really Aunt Kathy that earned the PT titles because Peyton and Addie were wild. 

Next weekend, Peyton and Addie have opportunities to finish their conformation championships.  I will have my paws crossed for them.   I will have several of my children out showing in different states.  They are all lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment