TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Kevin Went Herding

Lowri - Poor Kevin had a herding lesson today.  I say Poor Kevin because TM set up a big lesson for him.  She took him out into the big back field (probably 5 or so acres) with all the sheep.  As soon as he came into the field, he took off after the sheep.  TM didn't say a thing as Kevin and the sheep disappeared up the hill - the steep hill <G>  Pretty soon everyone came back to TM.  Kevin was still pushing the sheep pretty hard and it wasn't long before about half of them took off.  Kevin was a bit dismayed when he realized TM expected him to go get them.  TM had to walk up the hill and continue to encourage him, but he finally went and got the sheep.  His tongue was hanging out pretty far when they all got back to TM.  Kevin was much more respectful of how close he came to the sheep after that.  TM told him he was a very good boy.

I had to sit in my crate.  TM says I get to do this tomorrow.  I have done it before and know how to do it.  It is fun to chase the sheep, but not worth it.  TM says these are important lessons as they teach us a lot of things.  I just know that three laps around the field is WORK.

I did hear from Aunt Kathy that my son, Peyton, earned his P today.  If he qualifies tomorrow, he will have his PT.  From what I could hear from what Aunt Kathy told TM, Peyton was a chip off the old block.  He was a wild child.  He had a six plus minute PT run.  That is a LONG time.

My daddy, Chase, also got to herd at the trial Aunt Kathy was at.  He chose not to listen.  When that happens, his handler doesn't let him participate any longer.  Hopefully, he will chose to listen tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Stout had a fairly similar herding lesson the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works well, doesn't it Miss Merinda? Love, Lowri

      Delete