TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Work

Lowri - Today, I got to go back to my regular job.  I got to greet TM's clients.  They are always amazed at how beautiful, smart and well-trained I am.  I think they have wonderful taste.  They also taste good <G>  I got to show off my lovely pedicure - thanks, MC!  After I got to greet the client, TM put me down and told me to go to the kitchen.  I flipped around and trotted smartly away.  Once in the kitchen, I turned around and came back into the hall.  I stopped at the end of the hall, because that is how far we are allowed to come without an invite.  I did need to be told twice that I was supposed to stop there, but then I laid down and kept a watchful eye on both TM and the client.  I was a VERY good dog!!

I also got to go out and herd ducks.  TM is teaching me to stay out far enough away from the ducks so they don't panic.  It isn't as much fun, but I get to herd and that is the important thing!  TM also had me practice the newest trick.  That is the one where I have to skim the fence and move the ducks out into the center of the yard.  That is still hard, but TM told me I was AWESOME!!!  I am going to get letters pretty soon!

Kearney - TM and I practiced two different parts of the outrun.  First, TM wants me to leave as soon as she tells me "Away" or "Bye".  I had trouble with this at the trial.  TM finally figured out that normally, she puts her hand out to direct me - as she says "Away".  She didn't do it at the trial, so I just looked at her to make sure I heard her correctly.  Now she realizes what she did that cost me some more points.

We also worked on the top of my outrun.  I need to make sure I stay out far enough so I don't make the stock move.   I did that a couple of times and TM quit and told me what a good dog I was!  I love herding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment