TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Herding Trial - Cumming, GA

Kearney - We got up really early this morning and drove for almost four hours to the herding trial.  I was the ONLY dog in my Advanced sheep class.  I was being a very good dog, and then the lead sheep started stomping at me.  There was NO way I was going to get close to him!  The sheep got stalled at the Z chute.  I barked and barked at them.  Finally, TM had me back away and then she told me to charge up.  My speed convinced the sheep to move on.  I didn't have a very pretty cross drive either, but I managed to qualify my first time on Advanced sheep!  TM was proud of me.

Chase - I was the only dog in my Intermediate sheep class.  I decided TM needed to have her adrenaline kicked up.  When she told me to go, I WENT - very fast.  That was pretty much how the whole run went - fast!  I had so much fun!  I qualified too - my first time in Intermediate!  When TM closed the gate on the sheep and told me I was a good boy, I did my imitation of a brindle bullet and ran for the gate!  I barked at MC who was videoing my run.  She thought I was a very good boy too!

Lowri - I got to go into the arena away from home for the very first time.  TM went with me and helped me work my way through the PT (pretrial) class.  I stayed behind her and made sure that those sheep did not run for the exit.  When we came back down that same fence, I stayed in front of TM to make sure the sheep stayed with TM.  The judge gave me a green ribbon and said that I was very KEEN.  I think she liked me <G>  TM says I still don't have letters, but if I am good tomorrow, I can get some.  I am very excited!!! 

My G'ma Janet came down to watch me.  She said I did a very good job!  I am happy she got to see me being a good dog.  Unfortunately, she did not bring my sister, Sally, so I had to play with Kearney, Treasure, Miss Monroe and my Daddy.  It is a hard life being popular.

I heard that my half-sister, Darby, got letters yesterday.  She got her HT (herding tested) title and is trying for her PT today.  My family is very talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment