TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Last Chance Workout

Chase - We had our last chance workout today.  I got to go first and help TM gate-cut the sheep she wanted us to work.  Since I got to do that yesterday, I had a pretty good idea of what needed to be done.  TM didn't have to give me a lot of direction as I moved the sheep back and forth so she could open the gate and let out those she didn't want.

Then I got to do an Advanced run.  I still have some problems lifting the sheep out of the exam pen, so we worked extra on that.  We also did a lot of work on walking up.  I got lots of scritches cause I was so awesome!

Kearney - I am still having confidence issues.  I worry about the cows escaping from the round pen and coming after me.  Because I worry, the sheep aren't very respectful.  That makes me worry some more.  I did a good job even so.  TM says I will get confidence.   She had me "hit" the bad sheep.  That is always fun.  I walk off the field feeling pumped!

Next week we go to the herding trials.  We are ready - as long as the sheep aren't too ugly toward us.

No comments:

Post a Comment