TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Herding and Good News

Kearney - TM took us herding again.  Chase got to go first.

Chase - I had to move Gracie, the cow, out of the herding field and into the big field.  Then I had to go get the sheep who ran up the hill ahead of Gracie and bring them down.  TM wasn't thrilled that she had to walk up the hill to show me where to go.  She said that Dora would have done the blind outrun for her.  I could have too, but there are too many blackberry bushes and I don't like going through them. 

Anyway, we finally got the sheep down and back into the herding field.  About then, PR came back from the sale with the new, young bull.  TM put me away and went to help PR.  Thor took one look at the intruder and chased him up the hill.  There went TM back up the hill to make sure that Thor didn't chase him (George) through the fence.  Gracie was right behind George and Thor.  Everything settled down and we went back to herding.

I got to go back out and herd.  I was EXCELLENT!  TM told MP I was fabulous!  I actually listened to TM and worked with her.  She said I was the GOOD DOG!  Live is good <G>

Lowri - I got to go next.  Oh, before I forget - we have six baby ducklings!  They are sure cute.  Their mama is very proud of them.  Back to ME.  I went out and worked with TM.  She says I was excellent too.  I am working at staying back away from the sheep and not bouncing so much.  After we walked around with the sheep for a bit, TM had me do some driving.  That is pretty weird!  You are supposed to take the sheep away from TM.  That just sounds all wrong.  Anyway, TM says my stops and flanks are good enough that we can start practicing on that.   One of these days, I am going to trial on sheep!

Kearney - I got to go last.  TM put some grain out for the sheep to hold them in one spot.  Then she worked on my outruns.  I am really trying to get that done correctly.  I keep stopping to check in to see that I am doing it right.  TM doesn't like that, but I need the reassurance.  I was also a VERY GOOD DOG.

My handsome brother, CH Tommy
Lowri - OH, I almost forgot!  My brother, Tommy, became a new CHAMPION today.  His Mama Betty was handling him.  We are very proud of both of them!  TM stole this picture of Tommy from Ms. Betty's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment