TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Herding Again

Kearney - Woo-hoo!  We are back at Papa Ron's.  He and TM were working on the barn.  They are going to make a better floor to put the hay on.  TM also worked in her garden.  She planted sweet potatoes and put down a weed barrier.  I think she has a lot more of that to put in.  Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

Lowri - We got to go herding today!  I had a great time.  Kearney got to go first.

Kearney - Yes, I got to go first.  I took the big mamas around the field through an advanced course.  Then TM worked with me on getting braver.  I held the mamas in a corner and walked in on them.  She made sure that none of them tried to get me.  It was my job to move them around and push on them.  I did a good job.  TM was happy with me.

Lowri - Then it was my turn.  TM and I went out into the field to where the sheep were.  I did a pretty outrun and brought the sheep over to TM.  It was kind of weird.  TM wanted me to just stand there and do nothing.  I did that for a little bit, and then I tried to move the sheep for TM.  She wasn't happy with me.  She wanted me to just stand there.  We worked on that for a while, then I got to finally help her move the sheep.  We went back and forth with standing and moving and then went down to a corner.  I got to hold the sheep right there.  TM said "hold them".  Kearney has told me how to do it.  TM had some ideas too.  We worked on that.  I think my job was to keep the sheep standing right there in one spot.  TM would stand with the sheep and then she would walk away.  I kept trying to bring the sheep with TM, but she didn't want that.  I finally just kept the sheep in the corner and TM said "that'll do."  She was very happy with me.  I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment