TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday at the Farm

Lowri - I am hosting Monroe and Dinah this weekend.  Mama Cheryl went to Greensboro so she could judge Sweepstakes!  She is having a great time.  She says everyone is treating her really nicely. She said her first judging experience was a blast.  She must have done pretty well because Best in Sweeps went Winners Bitch/Best of Winners and Best Opp in Sweeps went Winners Dog. She is a good judge!

I am trying to be a great hostess.  I have shared my people, my yard, my sheep and my ducks.  Fortunately, I haven't had to share my food.  MC brought them their food.  She is coming back tomorrow to pick them up. 

TM built a compost bin.  She built two bins so she could turn the stuff as it ripens.  I think she built it so we wouldn't get in the compost.  I wish she hadn't done that.  It was nice being able to go pick up a snack.  Now it looks like the stuff will become food for the garden. 

When she and PR got back from town, TM put peat moss and potting soil on top of the poor dirt in the raised bed.  Then she planted peas and lettuce and watered them.  One of us dogs went to see what she was doing and put lots of footprints in the new dirt.  TM was not pleased about that.  Then Aidan went on a mad tear - right through the cantaloupes and tore one free from the vine.  TM sighed, picked it up and we all went into the house.  It was a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment