TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Herding Again

Kearney - I got to work the lambs.  They were pretty wild.  TM just walked while I held them to her.  They didn't want to stay with her either.  I made them stay with right with her.  TM didn't need to give me directions.  I love that kind of work.

My sister, Treasure, did a good job too.  She worked in the big field with two older sheep and the young ram.  She mostly made them stay with TM.  At one point, she lost them and chased them out of a corner back to TM.  It was great!

Lowri - My Daddy did some very good stock work.  As long as he is fetching them to TM, he is outstanding.  He doesn't like the whole driving thing.  TM keeps working with him.  He will get it someday.  He got to put the sheep in exam pen.  TM let him figure it out and he DID.  He even held them there. 

I got to work the lambs too!  I worked really, really hard to hold them to TM.  They were a lot wilder with me than they were with Kearney, but I managed to keep them near TM.  It was great fun.  I learned a lot in the past two days about working farther out from the sheep.  They tend to move slower if you are not that close to them.  It isn't as much fun, but it also isn't as much work!

No comments:

Post a Comment