TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TM is Losing It (snicker)

Lowri - TM is losing it big time.  This morning she went to feed my Daddy and me.  She put ME in the big crate with Daddy's food.  I dug right in!  Then she went to put Chase in my crate with my food.  When she saw the wide blaze on my Daddy's face, she did a double take.  She immediately grabbed for the food I was eating and let me out of the wrong crate.  Oh well, I tried to get the bigger bowl of food <G>

We all got to herd last night.  I really bounced at the ducks.  They run FAST if they think you are going to eat them.  I gave it my best impression, but I was careful not to bounce ON them.  TM doesn't like it if you hurt them. 

TM was teaching me a new trick.  I am supposed to go right next to the fence to lift the ducks away from it.  That is a hard trick.  The ducks don't like me to do that.  I would much rather dive out at the last minute and go around them.  TM worked with me until I understood what she wanted.  I did it right several times in each direction.  TM knows that I will probably forget the new trick but she has promised to keep working with me until I completely understand it. 

My Daddy was silly.  TM sent him the opposite way and completely blew his mind.  She has been practicing an "Away" because that is his hardest direction.  Now he has forgot a "go by".  He is a silly Daddy <G>  TM will be working him in both directions from now on!  Other than that, he did a good job.

Kearney - I went last.  I also did a new trick.  TM was VERY proud of me.  I walked the ducks down the fence in my "hold them" mentality.  I made them walk slowly toward the gate and I concentrated on keeping them in a group and walking.  I was intense, but not too close.  When we got near the gate, TM told me "Hold Them".  I moved a little farther out and didn't let them move!  TM said I did that drive down the fence EXACTLY right!  She is going to see if I can do it again.  I noticed that TM didn't interfere with me at all.  She just told me several times while I was working that I was a good boy.  I LOVED doing that.  It felt GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment