TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

Kearney - TM didn't feel quite right on Sunday, so Lowri and I were outside while she took a nap.  I tried and tried to keep Lowri quiet, but it didn't work too well.  After her nap, TM felt fine and took us herding.

I got to herd the big mama sheep.  TM brought them all into the herding field.  Harry, the older wether, and the young ram came in too.  TM was not happy with my outrun, so I had to do it several times until she was happy with it.  I was cutting in too tight at the top.  After I did a better job with that, I took the sheep through the course.  At the upper corner (#3), I didn't want to go in because the cows were on the other side of the fence.  I am pretty sure they will get me if I try to get the sheep out of that corner.  Of course, that is why the sheep hang out there <bitterly>.

Anyway, TM had me doing circles both directions IN that corner.  The Away was scary as I had to look the cows in the eye as I went through.  TM said she was proud of me for trying. 

Lowri - I got to go first Sunday!  TM let me work the grown up sheep in the herding field.  I was very good - as usual.  Then TM did something really fun.  I put the sheep in the exam pen.  It has three sides to it.  I got to be the fourth side <VBG>.  TM went into the pen and pulled some of the hair off the sheep.  They are shedding, so it isn't bad for them.  When one of the ewes objected, I got to hold her in the pen.  I didn't quite get it right the first couple of times and she escaped.  I quickly brought her back.  TM was very happy with my work.  Boy, was I pumped up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment