TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Again

Lowri - We are finally home again.  We got home in the wee hours.  MC, Treasure and my Daddy all stayed the night.  They left this morning.  We had an uneventful trip home.  We took a brief side trip to Louisville to drop off my sister, Ginger, her buddy, Flirt, and my Aunt Kathy.  Ginger has a lovely yard with SQUIRRELS.  TM wouldn't let me chase them, but it was fun to see them.  We ran around and stretched our legs a bit.   Then we got back in the van (lots of stuff got taken out at Aunt Kathy's home).  We drove another five hours to get to our house.

I had the BEST time at Western Reserve.  I got to frap with Sally and Ginger, and see my beautiful Mama, Scout.  We had this huge area to play in, with a tent of our own for shade.  Our mamas gave us lots of water and we got to see everyone walking by.

Unfortunately Sally had to leave early on Saturday.  G'ma Janet had to go home and take care of her mama.  It was sad to see them leave.  TM talked to Janet several times to make sure she was still awake on the long drive home.  TM also gave her updates on how Ginger and I did at the show.

Friday night we were exhausted!  Ginger and I showed in Sweepstakes, our regular class, Winners, Stud Dog and Brood Bitch.  I also got to show in the Best of Breed class.  Do you know who all was there?!?!?  Famous Cardis - way too many to name!!!  And I got to be in the same ring with them!!!  WOW!  Sally showed in Sweeps and in Bred-by in the regular classes.  She looked wonderful too!  MC's Treasure won her class too. 

Saturday, we went back to the show.  I won the Sweepstakes class, Ginger was third.  Then Ginger won the regular class (6-9 month olds) and I took third.  Treasure won her class.  She and Ginger got to go to the Winners class, but the judge didn't have good taste at all and he ignored them.  We helped out Daddy Chase and Mama Scout in Stud Dog and Brood Bitch.  We slept good again!

Sunday we went back for more showing.  I won my sweepstakes class and Ginger was third.  Then I went BEST IN SWEEPS!!!  TM was very excited!  Ginger won the regular class and I placed second.  Treasure won her class again.  She and Ginger got to go into Winners again, but that judge didn't have good taste either!

I will say that I made a LOT of friends this weekend.  People kept telling me I was beautiful and petting me.  I had a number of people put hands on me and look at my teeth.  It was kind of personal, but they all said I was lovely.  When I was in the Best of Sweeps class, LOTS of people cheered for me.  That was very nice of them!

MC showed me and Treasure all weekend.   TM says she did a very nice job with me.  She was especially happy that she didn't have to go into the ring at all.  She just got to watch from afar.

It rained hard on Sunday.  They had a delay in the show of over an hour.  There was some bright flashes of light followed by big, booming crashes of thunder.  It was funny, whenever there was a loud boom, everyone on our end of the tent cheered.  Some of the dogs weren't sure if the thunder was okay, but with all the cheering, we decided it had to be.

TM, MC and Aunt Kathy loaded up the van.  My friend, Brenda, helped haul some of our stuff home - mostly G'ma Janet's stuff.  G'ma Janet had left us a bunch of stuff so we would be comfortable.  Our van was so full, Ginger and I got in our crates and they packed so tightly, our doors wouldn't open.  Fortunately we got to Aunt Kathy's house and unloaded BEFORE that became a problem.  Poor Aunt Kathy and Miss Flirt got packed into their seats too.  When we made a stop for gas, TM had to unload a couple of things so they could get out.  It was pretty funny <giggle>

Kearney has been at PR's place.  He got to run and play with Aidan and Daisy all weekend.  TM talked to him on the phone a couple of times.   He said PR was taking good care of him.  He had hoped to go exploring with Aidan, but TM had asked PR to make sure that didn't happen.


  1. Geez, so much happened, I forgot to say that on Friday my Daddy made the cut in the BOB class and my Mama made two cuts (I think it was two). Saturday, my Mama made two cuts. Sunday, neither of my parents showed.

    Daddy was 2nd in the Stud dog class both days. Mama won it the first day and was second on Saturday.

  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wish I could have been there, but I was home making Bulletin ads and working at my house. Lots of people have sent me email telling me how beautiful you and your sisters are -- but then I already knew that.

  3. We all had a GREAT time at WR! Lowri was a trooper! Never stopped showing for me--she did slow down a bit on Friday after being in the ring about FIVE times! AND playing with her sister and daddy in the x-pens for hours--the girls enjoyed playing "roll DADDY in the grass" for a change!

  4. Lucky Daddy is such a good sport isn't it?