TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Herding Monday

Lowri - There were strange dogs here for herding!  A very nice lady brought two ACD (Australian Cattle Dogs) mixes for herding instinct tests.  Both of them showed intense focus.  The female was just a little softer and more willing to herd.  The male would have eaten the sheep.  When TM said he couldn't, he decided he didn't want to play any more.  TM got him to come back and work, but he really wanted to do it his way. 

I got to herd both sheep and ducks.  We have a BAD sheep.  She keeps challenging me.  TM was a little surprised that I was being wimpy.  She finally decided it was because I am getting ready to come into heat.   She says I am allowed to act that way when my hormones are all screwed up.

Kearney - I got to show the ACD's how herding is supposed to look.  Their mama didn't know anything about herding, she was just looking for a sport for them to enjoy.  I did a pretty outrun, lift and fetch and brought the sheep to TM.  Then I got to hold them at the gate.  I don't like the BAD sheep.  I hope TM gets rid of her!

We got to watch TM dig some potatoes out of her garden. 

Lowri - Yeah, I wanted to help, but TM doesn't let us in the garden.  BOOOOO!

Kearney - She had thought that she lost the war with the potato bugs, but she still had lots of good potatoes.  That made her very happy!  She has lots more to dig up.

No comments:

Post a Comment