TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

What Kind of Herding is That?

Lowri - Whew, it has been a busy week for TM.  She finally got around to my "daily" walk on Thursday.  I led the way at a good trot while she power-walked through the neighborhood.  Occasionally, she would run while I power-trotted.  We had a good time.

Last night, TM had me round up the ducks so we could take them to PR's place.  One of my ducks was MISSING!  He was just gone.  There were no feathers, nothing.  TM checked my yard just to be sure.  Nope, no feathers.  A predator must have caught him and taken him away.  TM caught the others, put them in boxes and took them to PR's.  You notice I said TM caught them?  I was being very, very bad.  It was GREAT <G>

This morning, TM finally saw Thor get out.  He went to the gate, stuck his head between the pipes, turned sideways and shoved one shoulder, then the other through.  When they were out, he dragged his rear through.  TM put up some wire on the gate to stop him from getting out there.  Who knows if she has it all fixed.  She may just be teaching him to work harder to get out, he is pretty smart.

I got to bring my sheep out of the field and up on the hill to the alfalfa patch.  The sheep thought that was awesome.  TM kept trying to have me be a fence on the open side of the field.  I am NOT a German Shepherd!  I had a hard time trying to figure out what she wanted.  TM finally gave up and we took the sheep back to their field.

I then went and worked ducks.  We are not doing any course work.  TM is working with me to control my ducks and move them with control and finesse.  That is BORING!  At least I get lots of praise when I listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment