TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Whoo-hoo!

Lowri - I had the BEST time today!  I got to go help TM with the sheep.  We went into the round pen - I sat at the gate.  I forgot to hold my stay again, but TM didn't have me on leash so she couldn't make me go back.  You should have seen her hustle to try and prevent me from getting to the big mamas (giggle).  When she told me to STOP, I did.  That made her happy.  Then she let me move the sheep around.  They are afraid of me.  I have POWER.  TM said the sheep were knocking her around, so she let four of them out of the pen.  I got to help with that too!!!  I moved the sheep so TM could let out the ones she wanted to let out.  With only three sheep, she didn't get beat up so badly.  I LOVE herding!!!!  TM will post the video tomorrow.

Kearney - I got to herd too.  I moved the sheep around the big field to make sure they would behave for Chase.  Then I got to hold them at the fence while TM worked on them.  I did that so well, TM told me I was AWESOME!  I did not let the sheep get away and I didn't try to charge in.  I just held my distance, and told the sheep to not even try to escape.  TM was VERY happy with me.

Then TM let me cool off and she worked Chase in the big field.  He got told he was awesome too.  There was a lot of that word being said today.  Chase showed he had really paid attention the last few weeks in the round pen.  All the walking up and "steady" work really paid off.  He responded to "get out" and "here".  I better stay on top of my game or Chase will take over.  TM was really happy with him.

My sister, Treasure, got to work the lambs.  She was in the round pen and just chased after them.  TM cheered her on.  I was with MC and I told Treasure what to do.  I shouted out encouragement - even though she was just chasing them.  TM told her she was very good.  I wish I got to chase the lambs too!  TM said she is building drive and that Treasure didn't just chase them, she fetched them to TM and worked them a little.  TM said she wouldn't allow outright chasing, but she does want Treasure to be more enthusiastic, that is why we were all cheering Treasure on.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment