TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekends are the BEST

Kearney - We didn't go to Papa Ron's until Saturday.  TM had a couple of things to take care of.  She painted the front deck with some non-slip paint, went to the doctor for the poison ivy she got moving hay, and then to the drug store for some medicine for PR.  Finally, we went to PR's.


While she worked in the garden, Aiden, Daisy and I went down to see the sheep.  TM was NOT happy with us for going down there by ourselves.  She knows I can duck under the fence and get in with the lambs.  Once she realized I was gone, she called and called.  I came - because it is better to come than not.  She went back to working with the garden and lost track of me.  I thought about going back down to see the sheep, but decided it was too hot.  When TM realized that I was gone, she called and called.  Since I was in the shade up by the car - and she wasn't calling in MY direction - I stayed put.  PR finally saw me and told TM where I was.

Finally we got to go herd.  First TM moved some hay - again!  Then I got to go play with the lambs.  I don't see what the big deal is if I go one way or the other around them to bring them, but TM is pretty insistent on me going the direction she wants me to go.  Even if, especially if, it means walking up into their faces.  I don't really like that because they stomp at me.

Lowri - My daddy got to go next.  Working on the ducks with all the stopping really paid off.  He listened to TM most of the time.  He walked the lambs around the round pen both ways, stopped when he was told to, most of the time, and got to push them.  That is his favorite part.  I kept yelling that I could do it too.  I didn't want TM to forget me!

I got to go last.  TM worked me on holding my stop at the first.  Not much fun in that, but it makes her happy.  Finally, I got to go work the sheep.  I am beginning to see there is a job here.  I am supposed to hold the sheep to TM.  She is trying to get me to understand that I need to keep them with her, not up in front of her.  She is very happy with my stops!  I do that very well.  I also got to hold the big mamas while TM opened the gate.  I got lots of scritches.  I think I am the best herder - that is why she saves me for last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment