TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday at Miss Libbye's

Kearney - Today we were at Miss Libbye's place in Central Kentucky.  I was the only one who got to herd and I only got to herd once.  That sure wasn't much fun.  I really like it when I get to herd multiple times.  Today was A course Ducks and B course Sheep - that is why Chase didn't herd and I only worked once.

It was really chilly this morning.  Makes me a bit sorry that I am in the midst of a big shed right now!  We got to the trial at 7:00 o'clock.  It was just getting light.  TM got Chase and me out and let us potty.  I wanted her to get the show on the road, but I guess it wasn't quite time for my turn.

When it was time, TM got me out of the van.  She clipped on the leather leash.  I was VERY excited as I know she only does that when we are going to herd.  We walked out to the cone and TM sent me.  When I got to the right spot, the duck wrangler lifted the wire circle and let the ducks out.  I almost fell over in shock!  These ducks weren't like anything I had ever seen before!  They were big and black - pure black!  With an iridescent green sheen to them.  I didn't want to get near them.  I didn't realize that they were ducks at first.  Once they moved a bit, and quacked a bit, I figured it out and went to work.  I did a pretty good job with them.  At the repen area, TM told me to HOLD them.  I told them to freeze.  One of them ignored me - TWICE!  I couldn't allow that.  The second time, I grabbed it by its wing and swung it around.  TM squeaked!  I let it go and TM opened the gate. 

Even though I punished the duck, the judge let me qualify.  I ended up in second place.  TM says I am almost halfway to my Dual Championship.  All I can say is "bring on the trials."  I LOVE my job!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Kearney!!! Baaad ducky deserved the do-si-do-ing! You'll know what they are tomorrow and will get your FIRST! Goooo, Chaseman! Do a really GREAT job tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete