TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

What a Weekend!

Kearney - So my little sister spent four days at the dog shows in Knoxville.  She finished her championship on Saturday.  She did it a little faster than I did.  I got mine at almost two years of age, Lowri isn't quite 11 months old.  Oh well, I guess I will just have to put up with her big head.  Actually, I am very proud of her.  She is such a sweetheart.  This is what she accomplished over the weekend.

Thursday - BOB over three specials.  Thanks to Michele Billings
Friday - BOS over two specials to finish.  Best Puppy, Puppy Group 1.  Thank you, David Anthony!
Saturday - BOS over two specials.  BOS Group 3.  Thanks to Dr. Gary Sparschu
Sunday - Select over a special.  Thanks to Charles Olvis

MC is taking the haul of ribbons in to show her boss (so he knows why she takes time off).

I got to go herding on Saturday and Sunday.  TM made me work near the cows.  That was really scary.  I don't like it at all.  By late on Sunday, I was going down near them and taking my commands like TM wanted me to.  She told me I was a very good dog.  She is also teaching me to take an "away" for the crossline drive.  I am trying hard to figure out how to do that.  TM says I will get it - hopefully by the time I need it for the next trial.

Chase - My daughter is beautiful.  I am so proud of her and all my other children.  I hear my son, Tommy, is going to try to finish his championship this coming weekend.  I will have my paws crossed for him.

I got to herd on Saturday and Sunday as well.  TM worked me on outruns and escapes.  She seems to think the principles are pretty similar for my going down to get the sheep.  She wants me to go fast and stay out wide.  I get behind the sheep and bring them back.  It is a lot of fun - except when I go in too tight.  TM isn't amused by that.  She is working hard so I can qualify my next time out. 

I will be staying with TM for the next two weeks so she will have lots of time to work with me.  Of course, that means that Lowri will stay with MC.  That doesn't thrill TM, but she is going to just suck it up and be brave.

2 comments:

  1. Many, many, many congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lowri is one tired puppy! Most of the days we were able to go home in between showing in the morning and groups in the afternoon, except Lowri didn't rest at that time--she was having too much fun playing with the Schips who were staying with us for the shows! She's still amazed at how they seem to levitate up to the backs of the couches and just stay there!

    ReplyDelete