TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday at Miss Libbye's

Kearney - I started out really early this morning on ducks.  All I can say is that the stock handler looked at me, she was wearing a hat, the ducks were shiny black, the wind was blowing, the field was bigger, TM was wearing sun glasses.  Okay, I admit, I just didn't do my job right.  I spooked at the stock handler.  She is a very nice lady, but she might have moved when I turned my back.  I eventually lifted the stock and brought them to TM.  She did give me a wrong command, which I followed!  I lost the ducks clear back to the exhaust gate.  TM told me to go-bye.  OKAY, I HAD A BRAIN FART.  Are you happy now???  TM came down to help me.  She got me straightened out and had me fetch the ducks a bit.  Then she called my run!  I had just started to work!  I mean, really!!!  She looked at the judge and said "Thank you".  Then she made me LEAVE!  I hate it when that happens.

So then much later, TM came and got Chase.  The wind was still blowing, and he was pretty ramped up.  All in all, he did a pretty nice job.  TM thought he qualified.  Much to her surprise, the judge didn't agree.  Poor Chase.  He tried to work with TM, but just isn't quite secure enough in his job yet.  He did manage to do the outrun with only two redirects.  He needs a lot more miles.

Then TM came and got me.  I had to redeem myself.  Unfortunately, I forgot what I was doing on the outrun and needed to be redirected.  The sheep saw me coming down and left the feed pan.  I was clear out at the fence.  I moved them back to Miss Libbye, who was our stock handler.  I screwed around a bit, because I thought Miss Libbye might move.  TM yelled at me and I settled down to work.  I was the ONLY dog to get ALL the sheep through ALL the obstacles.  Unfortunately, I screwed around enough at the start and finish that I only managed to go fourth in the class.  TM said I did really well because only six dogs Q'ed, me and 5 Border Collies.  TM says I will do better tomorrow.  I really hope so! TM says I need a lot of miles too.

1 comment: