TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Long weekend

Kearney - We didn't get to post yesterday, because TM and PR were really busy.  They were gone for most of the day!  We were stuck in crates.  When they got back at 7:00, they ate dinner and then TM took us out to work sheep.  Whew!  She was not happy with either Chase or me.  We were back out in the big field and we had to work farther out from her.   Both of us had confidence issues. 

Since we got the new lambs, I have not wanted to go to the heads of the sheep - they might stomp at or charge me!  TM says my confidence is suffering.  She is working with me so I can be braver.  Today, both Chase and I did much better working the sheep.  TM told me I was awesome when I penned the sheep (G).  When we were done herding, we got to get into the cool water.  I made sure I got good and wet!

Lowri - While I got to be in the kennel run with my daddy yesterday, there was no one around all day to take care of me!  I NEED people to cater to me!  We were locked up together for hours and hours.  Finally, TM and PR came home.  They still didn't let us out of the kennel.  We had to stay there until TM was ready to go herding.

I got to herd the sheep in the big field yesterday and today!  It was very exciting.  TM let me do some real work!  I didn't realize that herding involved real work.  I thought it was just chasing sheep around the small pen.  I am beginning to understand why TM wants me to be farther away from the sheep when I am working them.  If they bolt, they can run really far away!!!

After the herding, I got to get in the water too.  At one point, MC brought my daddy over, and we both lounged around in the water.  It felt really good!  TM said she would add pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Lowri, I'm glad you had fun herding in the big field. Today your sister Nola had her first chance to herd and she loved it. I think it's because she reads your blog regularly and saw how much fun you have.

    ReplyDelete