TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Locked up all day

Lowri - We were locked up almost all day.  TM and PR were up at the hospital until almost 5:00.  TM let us out as soon as they got home.  PR went and took a nap.  While he was sleeping, we got to go herding!

Chase - I got to go first!  I worked the lambs in the mid-sized field.  I was sooooo good!  TM was very happy with me.  I stopped when she told me to, and worked at a distance.  It is amazing how much control you have when you are so far away from them.  We finished with me getting to hold them lambs along the fence.  TM touched most of them while I kept them from running.  It is so cool!  TM heaped the praise on me while we worked and when we were done.

Kearney - I worked the lambs second.  TM put a collar and lead on me and we went out to build my confidence.  TM mad me walk up to the lambs.  When they stomped at me, she told me to "get" them.  I was pretty excited.  I barked at them and, because TM was right there, I walked up to them.  When they kept stomping at me, I got to bite at them.  They would bolt away, and I would go chase them back to TM .  I was really pumped!!!

Lowri - I got to go last.  Because the rain was coming soon, I got to work five of the lambs!  It was very exciting!  I figured out that if I went slower and stayed a little farther away from them, they didn't run so fast.  TM worked hard to teach me to do that.  It was a good thing, because it was still hot.  I did a very good job!!  I even stopped at the gate and held them away from it while TM opened it.  I was a GOOD dog.

Kearney - Aidan, the Vizsla,  is happy because he is back in PR's lap tonight.  He has been worried about PR.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD Herding Dogs! I'm glad PR is up to holding Aidan and that you all made TM happy.

    ReplyDelete