TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Doctoring Lambs

Lowri - I didn't think I was going to get to herd at all this weekend.  It was WET.  We had something like seven inches of rain last week followed by four inches of snow on Thursday.  We had so much water, the duck arena was flooded by runoff water.  It was better today, but still had water running all over the field.

TM remembered that she had to tag the latest two lambs and band their tails.  She put on her boots and went out and closed the gate to keep the sheep in the duck arena.  Then I came out and helped her put the sheep in the little pen.  TM was very happy with how I worked.  Once she had the sheep penned, I got put back in the car so I wouldn't get any muddier.  TM was able to catch and doctor the lambs all by herself.  I must have been teaching her well. 


1 comment:

  1. Good job, Lowri! You've done a fine job teaching TM how to catch lambs!

    ReplyDelete