TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Herding and Baby Lambs

Lowri - We went herding today.  It was great!  There was lots of mud everywhere.  I needed a full bath afterwards.

Treasure went first.  She herded my ducks and did some really good work.  TM said she did some intermediate level work.  I didn't have to give her very much direction at all.  I did shout some out from my crate in the car.

Dinah was a baaaaaad dog!  She did fine herding, she just didn't start out well.  TM told her to sit and Dinah said "no".  I could have told her that wouldn't work out well, but she was being bull-headed.  TM won...duh!  Dinah decided that sitting was a great idea.  Once she did, she was able to go herding.  I gave her LOTS of direction.  I could hear TM encouraging her, so I did too.  I don't think she appreciated it.

Then it was my turn.  TM and MC put the ducks away and called in my sheep.  The mamas and their babies all came, except for one.  That one had just had her babies - literally!  She had them about 12:30 this afternoon.  They sure were cute!  TM and MC left her and her babies alone in the field.

TM had me work the rest of the mamas and babies.  She is trying to teach me to rate myself and not push too hard. I drove TM crazy with my bouncing.  It was FUN!  Here are some pictures.
Big Sister is trying to stare me down, while the other big mamas are leaving.

I was holding my Stop for TM.

No comments:

Post a Comment