TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Herding

Lowri - I had the best time today.  I helped TM a LOT.  I helped her separate the lambs from the ewes.  We put together two sets of ewes.  Each set had two older ewes and an older lamb.  Once I got everything set up correctly, we had company arrive.  MC and another lady, Miss Carol, each drove up within a couple of minutes of each other.

TM is helping Miss Carol learn to herd.  She talked with her for a bit and then MC got Dinah out.  TM took her out and worked her on one of my sets.  She did quite a nice job.  TM has high hopes for her at the herding trial in two weeks.  Then Miss Carol brought out her dog, Derby.  Derby is a nice dog.  She was polite.  Miss Carol, TM and Derby went out to work.  When they were done, MC had taken about 500 pictures.  TM told Miss Carol that Derby is going to be a very, very good herding dog.  She even told her why she thought that.

I got to come out to change sets.  I worked the new set for just a minute so TM could show Miss Carol how I balance to my stock.  Then TM worked Dinah again and then Derby got to work again.  Treasure got to work ducks when they were done.  She did a pretty good job.  TM is hoping she will hold it together at the trial.

After a quick break, TM and I came back down to re-sort lambs.  We loaded up the ewe lambs and headed for Knoxville.  TM and MC were selling some of the lambs.  That went fast.  TM and MC loaded up Big Mama and the little triplet and we headed home.  I never even got out of the car!  TM unloaded the two sheep in the rain, unhooked the trailer in the rain and went up to chill with PR.  Fortunately for us, she took a shower.  She was very smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment