TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Big Mama is Sick

Lowri - TM is worried about Big Mama.  She isn't coming over for grain.  TM gave her a shot of penicillin this morning.  Tonight, she was lying down and her lambs were jumping on her.  TM got her up and the lambs got a quick drink, but only took a couple of sips.  That means they weren't too hungry.

TM ate a hurried dinner as PR had cooked for her.  Then she whistled to me and told me she needed my help at the barn.  I hurried to the car because I knew I would be very useful.  But no, Big Mama and her lambs were in the duck arena by themselves.  TM hurried over and shut the gate so they couldn't leave and none of the other ewes could come in.  Then she caught one of the lambs and carried it to the barn.  He obliged by bleating that TM was trying to kill him.  Big Mama followed along and the other lamb did too.  Once they were in the barn, TM built a pen, lined it with bales of hay, and gave them hay, grain and water.  Big Mama started eating the hay and drank some of the water.  That relieved TM's mind a lot.

I was left in the car the entire time!  Apparently, TM did NOT need my help. 

2 comments:

  1. But you were there in CASE TM needed you! That's a good helper! Hope Big Mama is okay! She's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just being there ready to help is helping TM. (Not as much fun for you, I know!) but think of the bright side...you didn't get muddy & have to take an icy bath!

    ReplyDelete