TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Puppies and Herding

Lowri - We went to MC's place last night to see the puppies.  TM didn't even let us go in the house.  We didn't get to see the puppies.  That is so wrong!  TM said the puppies are very, very cute!  SHE got to play with them, but I didn't even get to come in the house.  So not fair!  We got even though, we did the vacuum cleaner nose on TM's clothes when we got to PR's.  TM hates that <G>   I still want to see the puppies.  I want to play with them.

Kearney - While TM was at MC's she got Chase.  He came home with us to PR's.  Turned out that was a good thing.  This morning while TM was setting up stock to herd, Chase got to move the sheep through the cow field.  TM got me out first.  I was scared I was going to have to do it, so I jumped back in my crate.  Note to self - that does NOT make TM happy.  She came back and got me and expressed her displeasure at me ignoring her.  We went out to the big field and brought the big mama sheep into the cow field.  Then, to my surprise, TM took me out around the cow field.  For once, I was GLAD to have Chase do my job. 

Chase went out into the cow field and picked up the big mamas and brought them into the round pen.  Then he helped TM sort them.  He drove the ones TM didn't want back out to the big field.  Chase also worked the crazy lambs.  TM had him walking the lambs around the field.  He did a pretty good job with them.

Lowri - I got to work the big mamas in the round pen.  TM wanted me to start with them and just take the edge off them because they haven't been worked in a while.  I was a very good girl!

When TM was done herding, we got locked up.  She and PR went out and dug some post holes.  Then they drove to town and bought some stuff to build a shelter over the sheep feeder.  They also bought a BUNCH of gizzards and hearts for us.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment