TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Herding

Lowri - Whoo-hoo!  We got to go herding today.  MC came up and brought Miss Treasure with her.  TM used both Kearney and my Daddy to bring in four of the big mamas for me and Miss Treasure.  My Daddy got to work first.  He was walking the big mamas around the round pen.  TM was having him be quiet and steady.  Then MC drove up.  My Daddy wouldn't herd at all.  He knew the sound of that car, and he knew MC was here to get him.  FINALLY, TM got him to work again.  He was very distracted, but eventually got his head back in the game.  When they were done, TM had him do an outrun to get the lambs.  He did a beautiful wide outrun.  TM was very pleased with him.

Miss Treasure got to go next.  It had been about eight weeks since she got to work sheep.  She had babies in the mean time.  I didn't want to mention it to her, but she looked a little gross with all those dangly things.  She  went out and did a FABULOUS job.  MC and TM were very proud of her.  She was actually better than she was before the break.  TM is going to have her in Started at the Nationals.  Miss Treasure is doing a good job.

FINALLY, it was my turn.  TM took me into the round pen with the big mamas.  I held them to TM and kept them moving for her.  When I would push them a little too hard, TM would stop.  That reminded me that I had to go up front and stop the sheep.  TM then started walking straight across the round pen.  I had to keep the big mamas right with her.  It was great fun!  MC told TM that it was a hoot to watch me.  I would bounce to move the sheep and bounce to stop them.  I even got to put them back in the field with the cows.  I love my job!

Kearney - I got to work last.  I did a beautiful outrun and brought the lambs over to TM.  As I went around her, I realized someone else was in the field with us.  I didn't want to go near them, but TM made me.  She stopped me right next to the person and had them speak to me.  I was SO embarrassed when I realized it was MC!  I mean, really, you would have thought I would have figured that out.  TM had me move the lambs all over the field.  I kept one ear on MC as she moved around taking pictures.  At least I didn't embarrass myself again.

TM got Chase back out to put the big mamas back into the big field.  I was very grateful she didn't use me.  The cows are just SO big!

We got put into our crates while TM and PR did some more fence work.  They planted six posts and cemented them in.  TM moved some fence panels and created a pen.  They are going to use it to catch and load the bull to take him to the butcher.  I can't wait!  Not only will he be GONE, but he will be tasty too <G>

No comments:

Post a Comment