TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Herding in Town

Lowri - I got to go herding this evening.  TM got my ducks out and we started working.  TM did some strange stuff though.  She set up two buckets in the yard about 20 feet apart.  Then she had me drive the ducks in fat figure-8's.  I am not sure if she got better or I did, but by the end, it actually looked like I was driving them in a figure-8.

Then we went back to driving the ducks around the yard along the fence-line.  We are having communication difficulties.  TM says "here" and I turn and come.  Apparently, Kearney did it correctly (Kearney was my adopted older brother that we lost suddenly almost two years ago.  TM always said he was born to herd).  TM would say "here" and he would bend the imaginary line he was on toward TM - kind of curving out toward TM but still driving the ducks - all without taking his eyes off the ducks.  I don't get it.  I think "here" should mean "go to TM".  TM thinks I should keep my focus on the ducks.  She thinks I will actually learn to do it correctly.

I am doing "hold" much better.  TM says "hold them", and it means the stock is NOT supposed to go anywhere.  TM will walk up to the ducks and they try to leave.  I HOLD them right there.  Of course, I want to get up close and personal.  TM doesn't want that at all. 

I still think it is easier to just catch the ducks one at a time and eat them!

Kevin - I would like to eat one.  I think they would be tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment