TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Weaning Lambs

Lowri - Tonight we went back to the farm.  TM had me help her right off.  We brought the ewes and lambs into the duck arena and then I helped her put the ewes in the small pen.  TM had me sit in a particular spot while she moved all the lambs out of the pen.  Then I got to help again.  I moved the lambs back to their field.

It was kind of weird.  TM had me move just a couple of feet at a time.  She wanted me to be able to stop them from running to their mamas, but at the same time I was supposed to put just a little pressure on them to get them to move to the gate.  I would move a few steps to the side and then walk up a couple of steps toward the lambs.  They quietly moved out the gate.  I have never seen lambs move quietly before!  Weird...

Then I moved the ewes out into their field.  TM had me get between them and the lambs and just sit.  I was amazed that worked too.  Maybe TM does know something about herding.  Who knew?!?!?

Kevin - I got to play with Aidan.  He has such nice floppy ears.  They are fun to pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment