TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Herding Again

Lowri - I GOT TO GO HERDING!  TM took me down to do chores.  The lambs were in the duck arena, so TM decided to make them work.  I practiced walking up, being steady and square flanks.  TM was quite pleased with me.  I did some Away's and Bye's where I got to go very, very fast around the lambs to lift them off the fence.  They minded me, and I tried to mind TM.  It was a good day!

TM let the lambs out into their field, shut the gate and then I got to help move the chickens and the rooster into the duck arena.  To be fair, I helped by sitting in a strategic location.  They came out of their pen and went straight into the duck arena.  TM said I was very, very good.

She and PR built the chute to run the cows up to the headgate.  It is SOLID.  The cows will not be pushing it down.  TM built a corral so they can trap the cows and then force them up the chute.  It even has a nice pipe gate.  Finally, they are in a position to doctor cows if they need to.  I want to help with the cows, but TM says I am not allowed to herd them.  They kick.  Maybe some day I will get to herd them.  I know I can make them mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment