TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

No Garden Fresh Vegetables

Lowri - It was a sad day today.  Aidan, Daisy and I will not be getting any garden fresh veggies.  TM put up the fence clear around the garden.  The plants are really coming up nicely, too.  Now we won't even get to roll in the disgusting, incredible smelling stuff PR rototilled into the garden or chase bunnies through the garden.  A very sad day for us.

On top of that, I got locked in the dog run while TM went and finished up the bird yard.  Aidan got to run and be free, but Daisy and I were locked up.  TM had covered the floor of the indoor part of the bird yard with half-inch wire mesh and put concrete along the edges at the walls so the mice and rats can't get in.  Then she covered the mesh with dirt.  She carried many, many buckets full of dirt into the the pen.  Finally, she put hay down for the nests.  It took her two days to do it all.

I did get to herd today.  TM was actually pleased with my work on the lambs.  I tried to listen to her, it is hard because she is WRONG, but I did try.  My stops were good, my flanks were rough but better.  I think it is because TM made sure she is in position to enforce a good flank before she asked for it.   I am just glad I am back herding.  I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment