TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Herding and Late Christmas Present

Lowri - TM told MC that there would be no winter herding this season.  With the ducks massacred and the sheep all lambing, there would be nothing to herd for about three months.  Then, today a miracle happened!  The buff duck came home!!!!  She was hiding next to the cow field in a very protected place.  She had lots of water and was reasonably safe.  She saw TM across the field and stood up tall and quacked very loudly.  TM realized it was the buff duck and started cheering. 

I got to come out and help bring her in.  TM let me race around the field and bother the cows while she encouraged the duck out of the briars.  As soon as "Lucky" got into the field, Thor and I came over to congratulate her on getting home safely.  She darted back into the briars.  TM gave us a dirty look and told us to go away.

Once she got Lucky back out of the briars and moving toward the barn, I got to come do my job.  I helped TM drive her into the barn and into the pheasant yard.  TM told me I did a VERY good job!

It was great, there was mud everywhere.  While TM was busy, I race around and had a blast.  Pretty soon, there was mud and muck all over me too.  What a great, late Christmas present!  Afterwards, TM had me "go to water".  I jumped in the little stock tank.  TM washed me off.  At least I still smell a little of muck and mud.

There WILL be winter duck herding at our place!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad the buff ducky came home! I know you worked very hard to get her in the barn!

    ReplyDelete