TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Still a Big, Fat Ewe

Lowri - Well, Big Mama wasn't as close to lambing as TM thought.  She STILL hasn't popped!  Even MC says she looks like she is going to explode.  Fortunately, our weather is gorgeous, so Big Mama will be staying out in the field for the next week.

MC came up and brought Dinah and Treasure.  Treasure got to work the ducks first.  I have to say, I was impressed with her.  She is really listening to TM and is showing a LOT of instinct.  TM is working her on things like scooping the ducks out of a corner, and looking back to pick up a stray.  She is polishing her up for our trial that is at the end of the month. 

Dinah is a bit stressed.  TM has been pushing her so MC can work her at the trial.  MC will work her in Herding Tested on the first day of the trial.  TM can't work dogs that day, because her sister is going to judge the trial.  I think I should be entered.  I might get a break.  Surely Miss Kathy would give me a good score - after all, I am going to give her one of my best puppies!  I know, I know, Miss Kathy doesn't take bribes.

I got to do a little work on sheep and ducks.  TM is trying to give me lots of opportunity to be the farm dog rather than the trial dog.  I am beginning to see the point in some of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment