TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Herding Trials

Lowri - Whoo-hoo!  We went to herding trials this weekend in Georgia.  On Saturday, Treasure and I mostly sat in the car.  I am thinking that was a good thing, it was COLD!  TM and Miss Kathy stood out in the cold wind all day long.  They were icebergs by the end of the day.  Because Miss Kathy was the judge, TM couldn't trial.   She was the scribe.

Today, we got to trial.  Treasure got to run ducks in the morning.  She picked up her first leg on Started Ducks, A Course.  She took second place in her class.  TM was quite pleased with how she worked.

I got to run on Started A Sheep.  I was feeling good after sitting in the car for two days.  I was barely able to control my excitement as we headed out to the cone.  I sat while my sheep came in to the arena and waited until TM told me to start.  I boogied on down to the sheep.  I did a VERY good job of holding them to TM.  I bounced this way and that.  TM says the judge wrote "I LOVE this dog" on my score sheet.  She also wrote "stop 1/2 point, stop 1/2 point, stop 1/2 point".  There were a lot of them.  Apparently, when you bounce forward to keep the sheep from running past TM, and they stop, you lose points.  I lost a whole bunch of them. Anyway, I qualified and took second in my class.  I now have two HSAs legs.  I need one more and then I will have that title.  I will have MORE letters!  That will be very good.

1 comment: