TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Busy Day

Lowri - We had a great day today!  I got to see Gracie's calf.  He was born this weekend.  He is so cute!  TM explained to me that I can't have it because it is a bull calf.  I might have been lucky if it was a heifer.

TM took care of all the animals.  Her knee still hurts, but it isn't too bad.  She fed and watered the birds.  She fed Thor and Sif, and put their feeder up so it can't be knocked over.  She also tied up a bunch of bales of hay so the cows and sheep will have plenty to eat.  She also figured out that we lost a lamb.  She looked and looked but never saw any sign of murder and mayhem.  The lamb was just gone.  PR didn't know anything about it.

I got to get out and help TM make adjustments with the stock.  I got to help move the COWS!!  TM doesn't like to have me work cows, but she NEEDED me!  It was great!  Don't worry, TM didn't let me get close to the cows.  She just positioned me so that I stopped them from going the wrong way.  It was great and I was a BIG help.  TM shut the gate so the cows and big sheep would stay up on the hill.

Then I moved the lambs into the middle field with Gracie and Junior.  They can all go into the small field, but now Thor and Sif can protect the lambs as they are together with Gracie.  TM is glad that the lambs will be safe now.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I wanna see the new calf, too! Sorry about the lamb loss!

    ReplyDelete