TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ducks

Kearney - We got to herd the ducks again yesterday.  TM was working to correct the problems I had at the trials this weekend.  She wants me to have a wide outrun and not angle in on the stock as I come behind them.  That is so hard to do!  I WANT to bring them to TM.  TM also wants to correct me stopping just past the mouth of the "Y".  I am not sure why I do it.  I think I just want the reassurance that I am doing what she wants me to do.  TM said she may just give me the extra command as I pass the "Y".  It will be a point off, but better than having me stop. 

Lowri - When the white duck started setting, TM brought the male duck back from PR's place.  That was a BIG mistake.  While the boys lived together happily with the girls for over a year, bringing the one boy back after he had been gone for a month was not a good idea.  Both hens and the other drake have been beating up this poor guy.  TM is going to take him back to PR's.  He is looking pretty bedraggled.  Oh yeah, the white duck sat on eggs for about a week and then jumped off.  Apparently they didn't hatch soon enough for her!

TM is feeling a bit poorly today, so I don't think we are going to get to herd.  I hope she feels better soon, I love herding!

No comments:

Post a Comment