TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Herding again

Lowri - It is fun being the foo-foo dog.  I get lots of treats and everyone loves on me.  That is a blast!   I also get to be the bed dog.  That is very nice.  I walk all over the bed making sure everyone is sleeping.  I am not sure my people appreciate my diligence.  They complain a lot when I walk on them.

BUT!  As fun as it is being a foo-foo dog, I LOVE being a herding dog.  I have been able to herd ducks twice this week.  I LOVE herding ducks.  Every time I bounce, they run.  We have one male duck that TM just brought back from PR's place.  He doesn't like to stay with the group.  I get to make him.  That is FUN!!!

Kearney - TM brought the drake back because the white duck is setting.  She needed at least three ducks to herd with.  TM has a duck setting at PR's place and a duck setting here.  That makes quite an impact on the number we have to herd with.  I hope both of the setting ducks raise lots of little ducklings, because I love herding ducks!  We should have some babies in about a week.  Those are the ones at PR's place.  The babies here should hatch in about three weeks.

TM worked with me on doing big circles and staying out from my ducks.  I did a very good job of driving them around the yard.  TM says I am almost ready!

Chase - I am herding ducks too!  TM decided to try me again.  I finally realized that when I listen to TM, the ducks behave.  TM sent in my entries for the Nationals.  I am now going to get to work ducks and sheep.  I think I really like that idea!  I am staying with TM this week.  We are going to MC's on Friday.  Then on Saturday morning - VERY early - we are going to the herding trials.  I am going to do my best to earn my Herding Excellent title.  TM tells me that I can if I just listen to her some.  I am going to try - even if she always doesn't make sense!

1 comment:

  1. You make an excellent "foo-foo" dog, Lowri, and an even BETTER herding dog! Can't wait for the Nationals and watch you tell those duckies where to go!

    ReplyDelete