TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Brrrr - Herding in January

Chase - I got to go first today.  The ground was still frozen!  I had to help TM with the big mamas and the two lambs.  Kearney couldn't because he is...ahem...CHICKEN, braawk, braawk, braawk.  Oh, excuse me...TM just verbally abused me.  Poor, pitiful me.

Anyway, I got to help TM.  The big mama sheep were fine to work, except Big Mama with the two lambs.  She was snotty.  She threatened me!  ME!  I wasn't sure what to do, but TM told me to bring her along, so I did.  When she got in my face, I showed her my pearly whites.  My BIG, pearly whites.  She rethought her position.  TM caught and tagged both lambs in their ears. 

Then I had to work the very pregnant big mamas.  TM wanted me to walk.  I hate that!  She made me walk them around and around the field.  I had to stop and wait on them.  BORING!  TM thought it would be the perfect way for me to work on my driving skills.  She spoke quietly and then would bark out my name when I ignored her.  Boo.

Lowri - I got to go next.  TM took me out to the big field.  I got to go bring down the lambs.  I was very fast and I stayed very wide.  The lambs hurried over to TM.  We walked around for a while and then Gracie, the big, black cow, came over to chase me off.  I wasn't sure what to do, but my ruff was up.  TM walked over and told me to "get" her.  I went racing around her.  I made some circles around her and got in really close.  Gracie decided to leave me alone.  I did have to remind her a couple of times later, but mostly she let me do my work.  TM said I was very, very good. 

Kearney - I got to go last.  I worked the two lambs in the middle field.  I drove them all over the field.  TM told me where they were supposed to go, and I took them there.  I was very good too.  It was really muddy by the time I got to work.  Whew, I stink.  It's great <G>

Lowri - When we got done, TM cured our peds.  I got kisses on my nose while she did mine.  I was very good - AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment