TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Herding

Lowri - Whoa, we had the BEST time this weekend!  When TM got to PR's place on Saturday, she took us herding right off.  The creek was flowing through our pastures.  About a quarter of the middle field was underwater.  That is where we do trial work.  The round pen had a creek flowing through it.  It was MUDDY.  I LOVED IT.

Today, while I was working sheep in the big field, Gracie came over to interfere.  TM threw her stick at the cow.  When she planted her foot to do the throw, the foot didn't plant.  TM went down full length in the standing water and mud.  I DID NOT CAUSE IT!  She got up, moved her phone from the wet pocket to a dry pocket (the phone still works).  She was wet, muddy and smelly.  MC asked her if she wanted to go up to the house and change clothes.  TM decided she didn't need to get two sets of clothes muddy.  I got to finish working my sheep.  I did a very good job.

Kearney - Treasure got to work next.  She worked three lambs in the middle field.  The lake was gone, but it was very wet and muddy out there.  I know, because I got to work there next.  Treasure did a nice job.  She is learning to control her sheep.  I was proud of her.

I worked last.  I went out and saw a strange person standing by the sheep.  I didn't want to go out there and get them, but TM said I had to.  I kind of scooted by the person and TM told me to stop.  Then the person spoke and I realized it was MC.  I was embarrassed!  I started to go say Hi, but remembered (without being told) that I was working sheep.  TM set up the outrun several times.  I never spooked from MC again.  She even walked around and flapped her coat.  I was very good!

Chase - I actually went first.  I helped TM tag a couple of lambs.  Then I worked the big mamas.  We have five lambs now.  Cocoa was in the round pen with her two lambs.  She charged me yesterday and told me in no uncertain terms that I was to stay AWAY from her lambs.  I was surprised when she slammed into me.  I told TM I didn't want to work with Cocoa anymore.  TM decided I wouldn't have to for a while.  I did have to work the other young mama.  She tried to pull a "Cocoa" on me, but I showed her my teeth.  I made her behave.  I did a very good job today.  TM says I am doing well on learning the skills I need.  I am a good dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment