TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Herding in January

Lowri - Well, it has to be said!  I DID NOT get to herd today.  TM's flimsy excuse?  I had a bath yesterday and I was clean.  I am a HERDING DOG.  We get DIRTY!  I am not amused!!!  TM even carried me over to a dry part of the gravel drive for MC to work on my gaiting and stacking.  She wouldn't even let me get my feet muddy.  This is wrong!!  TM's excuse is that I am going to dog shows next weekend and she wants my ruff and feet to stay white.  I hear that I am only going to get to play in the small side yard all week.  It is graveled - hence no mud.  BOO, I say BOO!

Kearney - Chase had lots of fun.  He got to work with the baby lambs.  There are some good pictures over on Mama Penni's blog.  He had a good time.

Then I got to work the two young wethers and the one mama that lost her babies.  MC came out and interfered...er...held the lambs in one place while I did my outruns.   I still didn't like her being there on my first outrun, but I settled in very fast.  I moved my sheep every where TM told me to take them.  I was a good boy.  Then Chase got to come out and work again.

TM had him do an Advanced run, in pieces.  Chase actually did a pretty good job.  He stopped when he was told to, and did well overall.  TM had him do the cross-drive a couple of times.  He doesn't understand the need for that, but he is working better at listening.

Then a guy came over and bought TM's two wethers.  I got to help load them in the trailer.  I guess now we will have to start earnestly dog-breaking the wild ewe lambs.  That is all TM has to train with until after the Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment