TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Papa Ron is the BEST

Kearney - Papa Ron is the very BEST!  He put electricity down to the barn.  TM now has lights and outlets.  She has already plugged in the heated water pan for the birds.  No more ice for them.  TM is VERY happy!

Miss Judy H. came over today.  She was driving by and came to see us.  She brought a very cute puppy and her four year old Pemmie.  She did some herding in the round pen and then helped TM with me.  She stood there at the feed pan and tossed grain out for the lambs.  I was supposed to go get them.  TM worked me on staying out wide on my outrun and then walking past Miss Judy.  It worked out just fine.  I walked the sheep by Miss Judy.  I kept an eye and an ear on her.  She never moved, so I went ahead and did that a couple of times.  TM saw that I was watching the cow pretty carefully so we moved up to the other end of the field.  That way they could work with me on just one scary thing at a time.

Lowri - TM took down the fence between the big field and the middle field.  That meant that my sheep took off and went up the hill and through the briers.  I didn't like that part at all, but I went up the hill and brought them back.  I think I will be a little more careful and not run them off again.

I also chased them into a tight corner.  When I went in after them, the ram stomped on me.  That made me mad!  TM had me go back in to get them out, but she stood there and whacked the ram when he looked at me.  I didn't want to go back into the tight corner, so TM lifted me up and put me behind them.  I thought I was a goner for a minute, but the sheep all scrambled to get away for me.  I guess I am pretty tough after all.  Over all, TM thought I did okay.  She said I was a bit too wild, but if I keep chasing the sheep up the hill, I will quit that nonsense.

Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot!  We have two new lambs!  Big Mama had them on Thursday.  Boy, are they cute!  I can't wait until I can herd them.  We will get some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment