TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Tracking

Lowri - Tracking is the best game!  TM took me tracking yesterday.  She did one track and let it age.  When she got back from the barn she put my harness on...

Kearney - ME.  She put the harness on me first!  I went out and ran a short track.  My style is different from Lowri's.  I walk up to the track and meander down it.  I go fairly straight, but TM doesn't think I am really into tracking.  I just don't see the point in sticking my nose on the ground, when I can tell perfectly well where TM went.  I take her right to her glove and I get lots of praise.  I just do it differently than Lowri does.

Lowri - Back to MY track.  TM put my harness on and I dragged her down the track.  We made a turn and I started off in the new direction.  Then my head came up and I started casting around.  TM isn't sure what happened, but I lost the track.  I think TM aged it a bit too much for my level of experience.  Anyway, TM backed up so I could find the track and I went forward and lost it again.  I really tried, but I didn't know what to do.  TM walked forward past that spot and I found the track again.  I went straight to TM's glove.  Poor thing, she is always losing things.  I got lots of praise for finding it. 

TM put me back in the car and laid another straight track.  She didn't age it very long and got me out again.  She said this was a motivational track.  Whatever, I just thought it was easy.  I put my nose in the grass and went straight to where TM lost her hat.  Then I went on and found her glove.  Personally, I think TM had better buy a LOT of gloves.  At the rate she is losing them, maybe she should invest in a glove company.  Although Kearney and I have found them every time, you never know when we won't be there to go find them for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment