TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lambs and Herding

Kearney - MC got some pictures of my new lambs.  She sent some to TM...

Lowri - <giggle>  MC has gone crazy with her new camera.  She took 500 pictures of us herding today.  We don't do enough for that many pictures.

Chase - I did enough for that many pictures.  I met Gracie!  She is the big, black cow.  I ran around her a few times and I thought we developed some respect.  When I went back to my sheep, all of a sudden she charged toward me.  TM supported my decision to teach her a lesson.  I DID.  After I was done, it was back to the sheep and more walking around.  I did get to "push" them on occasion, but it was mostly walking and driving.

Lowri - I worked the lambs in the round pen.  Treasure had just worked them.  TM says that she did a great job!  She is taking direction and is having lots of fun.  She is a good girl.  I am NOT!  It was really boring today.  TM made me do lots of stops.  I also started learning Walk Up.  I was driving the lambs around the pen.  That was weird.  I much prefer holding the lambs to TM.  I got to do that too.  TM did it relieve the pressure of being a good dog.  When we were done, I got to gate sort two of the lambs.  TM wanted them in the field.  When I got that done, I ran one of the lambs over TM.  Sheesh, NO sense of humor!

Kearney - I got to do outruns again.  There was a stranger standing with my sheep.  I wasn't very happy about that.  When I brought the sheep past the stranger, she spoke to me.  Geez, it was MC - not a stranger at all!  I did several passes past her until I quit flinching - even when she flapped her long coat at me.  I did some good work.  TM says I will get over being a chicken.

1 comment: