TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Herding on a Cold Sunday

Lowri - Once again, I was left out!  No herding for me.  TM said I was clean and she was a little short on time.  I think that is a lousy excuse!  I am the herding dog, I should get to herd.

Chase - I got to go herd the big mamas first.  TM had me walk them around the field.  I had to do a lot of stops again.  I hate that.  TM makes me just stand there while she walks around with the sheep.  When they start to leave her, she allows me  (ALLOWS me!) to go stop them.  I did like that Cocoa was gone <G>  No one butted me!

Then I got to go work the three crazy lambs and the ram.  It was quite a workout.  The ram wanted to stay and eat and the three crazy lambs wanted to run.  TM said she was very happy with how I worked.  Even with the wild lambs, I stopped and waited when I was told to.  She said that is a big improvement over how I was working just a month ago.  I was very good.  Now I am going home with MC and I get a hot oil massage!  That will feel very good after an afternoon out in the cold.

I had to pursue the crazy lambs a couple of times.
Kearney - TM let me work the crazy lambs first.  I had to work them without the stabilizing influence of the ram.  It took me three tries to get the lambs up to TM.  I paid a lot of attention to how they were moving and how they were trying to double back.  I took them through the advanced course - it was a bit shaky, but TM was really pleased with how I worked.

Then MC came out and tried to mess with my head.  I did a pretty good job of not letting her bother me.  I lifted the lambs off MC and worked them.  TM said I was Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment