TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Working Ducks

Kearney - We got to work ducks yesterday.  TM had a break at work and spent it with us.  I got to go get the ducks out of the pen.  Once we got clear of the gate, TM told me to stop.  I did and watched the ducks head off down the yard.  When they got almost to the other side, TM sent me.  I went and got them, fetched them around TM and then sort of through an Advanced course.  We have different obstacles - like a trailer you have to get the ducks out from under.  TM told me what a great job I did.  I just wish it lasted longer!

Lowri - Well, I had to do a lot more of that hurry up and wait stuff.  TM only let me work if I was walking.  She spends a lot of time just making me wait on a stop.  My stops are getting pretty good now.  She thinks they should be even better, but I AM still just a baby - how much longer do you think I can work that? 

Anyway, walking isn't nearly as much fun as bouncing, but I will admit we get places faster.  I do get to do some flanks to the right and left.  TM lets me go really fast on those if I stay out from the ducks.  Overall, I am really liking herding.  Unfortunately, we don't get to herd today.  TM is off to the hospital to volunteer.  Then she will be working the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment