TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Half a Week has gone by.

Lowri - IT'S Wednesday!!!  We got to go herding the ducks tonight!

Kearney - TM's last client was sick, so TM got done at 5:00 tonight.  She put on her outback duster long coat and her Tilley hat and took us out in the rain to herd ducks.  TM says I am coming along nicely.  I drove the ducks all over the yard.  Too soon, TM said, "That'll do."  I didn't want to, but I came in. 

Lowri - Then I got to go!  I was so excited.  I bounced out with TM into the yard.  She quietly told me to come and sit.  I did both!  I wanted to go get the ducks, but TM wanted me to wait.  After a VERY LONG time, TM sent me.  I did a nice outrun and fetched up the ducks.  The two lady ducks don't like to stay with the boys.  They waddle along and try to escape.  When one would just stop, TM had me stay behind the duck.  When nothing happened (and I stayed RIGHT where I was supposed to!), TM softly said push 'em.  I nudged the duck.  After a couple of nudges - NO teeth! - the duck got up and waddled off.  TM told me to stop.  I waited until the duck got a ways ahead.  Then TM let me go get them.  She says she is making sure I understand I am not supposed to grab them when they start to move. 

I also had to do some lifts off the fence.  TM noticed right off that I do it really well on a Bye, but my Away is pretty bad.  Guess what I worked on...yep, Away.  Why does TM always figure out what I DON'T want to do, and make me do it?  Oh well, I finally figured it out.  TM put the ducks away and told me I was awesome.  I did some more bouncing <G>

1 comment: