TM, Mama Cheryl (MC), Mama Penni (MP) and Papa Ron (PR) love and care for me.
In memory of DC Dora, CH Angus HXAsd, DC Kearney. Lost from our lives way too soon.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Herding

Kearney - Boy, TM has been busy!  Besides working and taking us herding, she made some raw food for us last night and has also been working on something called "Taxes."  I am not sure what they are, but TM has been very busy with them.  She says she has an appointment with the accountant in early March.

Lowri - We got to herd TWICE today <VBG>  Once on ducks and once on sheep.  I am trying to be good and TM said I was awesome AND excellent.  She went ahead and sent in my entries for Started B Ducks for the Nationals.  I am already confirmed for my entries in Started A Ducks.  TM just decided that I should be able to do B course too.  She is going to start working me on something new.  I think it is called a free-standing pen, but I am not sure.  I guess TM will show me what she wants me to do with that.

I got to work the big mamas and the little lambs today!  The lambs are very funny.  They run fast and leap in the air.  They also think they can threaten me.  They would be WRONG!  I got to hold everyone in a corner.  TM would tell me to Hold Them.  I would try to sneak up, but she wouldn't let me.  I had to stay way back and just make sure that they didn't escape.  TM then touched each of them.  The lambs tried to run, but I didn't let them.  TM told me I was a good girl.  That made me grin.

I also got to go into the corner on an Away and bring all the sheep out.  I wasn't sure I wanted to because they were packed in there.  TM encouraged me, so I did it.  I went between the sheep and the fence.  It was fun.  Then TM said "that'll do."  I immediately went over to her and we left the field.  I was so very good!

Chase - I got to work the big mamas and the lambs.  TM said this was my best work ever.  I heard a number of "excellent" and "awesome" comments.  That made me feel very good!  I like working the sheep!

Kearney - I worked the big mamas and lambs last.  I had no trouble staying far enough out.  I didn't want to get too close.  The big mamas were stomping at me.  TM gave me lots of encouragement.  I did a good job too.

4 comments:

  1. You all rock! You'll make the lights go out in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lowri, B course ducks! That will be AWESOME! And good job, Chaeman! You've been getting better and better and . . .
    Kear is a star, too! (Remember, Kear, YOU have the teeth--those big mamas can't bite you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for helping me to understand how herding is taught and how dogs learn to herd. It has always been a mystery. I love the dog point of view of learning the craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mick, Thanks for chiming in. Any time you have questions, just ask. I am happy to share what I have learned. TM

      Delete